- The world’s oldest trees are more than 4,600 years old.
- 27,000 trees are cut down each day so we can have Toilet Paper.
- We can save 75,000 trees if we recycled the paper used on the daily run of the New York Times alone.
- An estimated 50,000 species inhabiting our tropical forests become extinct annually. That’s an average of 137 species a day.
- Rainforests are cut down at a rate of 100 acres per minute.
- Only 1% of our planet’s water supply can be used.
- 97% is ocean water
- 2% is frozen solid in the Arctic, for now.
Aluminum Vs Plastic
- An aluminum can be recycled forever.
- Recycling 1 aluminum can save enough energy to run our TVs for at least 3 hours.
- And 80 trillion aluminum cans are used by humans every year.
- When you throw plastic materials into the ocean, it kills as many as 1 million sea creatures annually.
- A glass bottle made in our time will take more than 4,000 years to decompose.
Our planet gains 77 million people a year.
Landfills are composed of 35% packaging materials.